Scene Understanding, Affordance Detection, 3D Vision, Medical Imaging.
Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Federated Learning.
Autonomous Manipulation, Autonomous Navigation, Medical Robots.
SmartLab is a state-of-the-art robotics laboratory at the Department of Computer Science, University of Liverpool. The lab is affiliated with the Centre for Autonomous Systems Technology (CAST) and the Digital Innovation Facility (DIF). Our research focuses on robot perception and learning, with applications to autonomous manipulation and navigation.
- 07/2022 One paper accepted in ECCV 2022. Congrats Kostas!
- 07/2022 Welcome Chayun (Kim) Kongtongvattana joining our lab as a PhD student!
- 06/2022 One paper accepted in MICCAI 2022, Congrats Baoru!
- 05/2022 One fully-funded PhD studentship is available. Apply here.
- 04/2022 One paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Medical Robotics and Bionics. Congrats Baoru!
- 04/2022 One paper accepted to 33rd IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium.
- 03/2022 Anh’ll organize the Recent Advances in Autonomous Surgery: emerging AI technologies towards machine consciousness and robotic awareness in the surgical field workshop in the Hamlyn Symposium On Medical Robotics 2022.
- 01/2022 One paper accepted to ICRA 2022, congrats to Tudor, Daniel, and Shan.
- 01/2022 One paper accepted to IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging.
- 12/2021 Our paper
Occlusion-robust Visual Markerless Bone Tracking for Computer-Assisted Orthopaedic Surgeryhas been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Instrumentation & Measurement. Congrats Xue!
- 11/2021 Our paper
Global-local attention for emotion recognitionhas been accepted to Neural Computing and Applications. Congrats Nhat & Khanh!
- 10/2021 Our paper
Deep Federated Learning for Autonomous Drivingis available on arXiv
- 09/2021 Our paper
Light-weight Deformable Registration using Adversarial Learning with Distilling Knowledgeis available on arXiv with code
- 06/2021 Two papers accepted in MICCAI 2021, preprints coming soon!
- 05/2021 I’m organizing the Soft, Smart, Multi-functional, Agile and Aware Surgical Robots: Progress And Technologies workshop in the Hamlyn Symposium On Medical Robotics 2021. Poster submissions are welcome with £300 for the best poster award!
- 05/2021 Our paper
Graph-based Person Signature for Person Re-Identificationsis available on arXiv with code.
- 04/2021 Our paper
An MR-Safe Endovascular Robotic Framework: Design, Control, and Preclinical Evaluationhas been accepted to IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering.